Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Food Food Food (Everything is Food)


As you can see if you zoom in on this status screen, things are going okay, but not great. Our food stores are dwindling in mid summer, when they should be growing. I blame the dwarves love of masonry. Seriously, thought, I better teach someone to hunt and start killing some native wildlife.


And it's done. The red squiggly's are where a fox lost its life, pummeled (or possibly bashed with a mining pick) to death by our expedition's lead miner.


Apparently complacent because of the easy win over nature, the dwarves take a victory nap.


Not so good. I hunted everything there was to hunt and our food stocks aren't any better off. Well, we have some raw turtles. If we can cook them over the winter (when we need to be indoors all the time anyway), maybe we'll survive. Yeah. And maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot. As you can see, we have a very nice dining room, and are excavating a very large storage area. I mostly want the storage just to be able to get all the stones out of the living quarters. Also, I'm turning some of the stone into doors and most into statues for trade. I'm really hoping a trade caravan comes through before winter, because that's probably our only hope.

No comments: